476. 1 byte is formed by _______
A) Two bits
B) Six bits
C) Four bits
D) eight bits
Correct Answer: D) Eight Bits
477. What is the most common code showing the characters in computers?
Correct Answer: A) ASCII
478. What is the Full form of ASCII?
A) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
B) Asian Standard Code for Information Interchange
C) African Standard Code for Information Interchange
D) Australian Standard Code for Information Interchange
Correct Answer: A) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
479. What is the unit of information that the computer can process and move at the same time?
Correct Answer: C) Word
480. Usually we hear words like 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit or 64 bit computer. What does this tell?
A) Computer word size
B) Size of computer
C) Computer number
D) Computer weight
Correct Answer: A) Computer Word Size
481. One kilobyte is made by how many bytes.
A) 1024 bytes
B) 1125 bytes
C) 1200 bytes
D) 1300 bytes
Correct Answer: A) 1024 bytes
482.What is a megabyte.
A) 1024 Kilobytes X 1024 Kilobytes
B) 1025 Kilobyte X 1025 Kilobytes
C) 1000 Kilobyte x 1000 Kilobyte
D) None of these
Correct Answer: A) 1024 Kilobytes X 1024 Kilobytes
483. One gigabyte is equal to how many megabytes.
Correct Answer: D) 1024
484. Computer data and instructions are stored in its memory. What is the unit to measure this memory space.
D) None of these
Correct Answer: C) Bytes
485. Nowadays most of the computers are designed based on “Van Newman Architecture”. Won Newman’s proposal was that the figures should be mathematical and a unit for the process. What is the name given to this unit?
A) Video Display Unit
B) Cloud Unit
C) Arithmetic logic (ALU)
D) Unit Construction Unit
Correct Answer: C) Arithmetic Logic (ALU)
486. Who help connects two devices together ?
(B) Data cable
(C) Control cable
Correct Answer: Interface
487. What is the input / output module ?
(A) It is mediator between processor and the input / output device
(B) It directs for processor
(C) It directs for input device
(D) This gives order to the output device
Correct Answer: It is mediater between processor and input / output device
488.What does the input / output module do ?
(A) controls the, exchange of data between the main memory and external device
(B) Synchronizes between primary memory and secondary
(C) Coordinates between the internal device and external device
(D) None of these
Correct Answer: Controls the, exchange of data between the main memory and external device
489. What is called for input / output module that interacts with the input / output device as per the instructions of CPU ?
(A) Impact printer
(B) Control Unit
(C) Device Controller
Correct Answer: Device Controller
490. Device controller mostly used by which computer ?
(A) Mainframe Computer
Correct Answer: Micro Communications